Next meeting we have Mel helping us to create some wonderful nuno felted fabric. I am so looking forward to this as I don't felt well. I seem to trying to felt my fibres for ages and they never want to blend together. Others just give it a roll and hey presto instant felt!
So I am really looking forward to learning how to do this as I really love the delicate nature of the fabric created and also how to use the fibres to create such lovely designs.
Mel has sent me a list of materials that we will need so here is it.
I am not sure whether we will be going for the Friday evening (3rd June) or the Saturday all day (4th June). I'll post the date as soon as I know.
But here are the requirements
Nuno Felt - Material List
- Fleece/Wool tops
- Fibres - silk, bamboo, soya, flax, thread, etc
- Fabric - scrim, muslin, organza, silk etc or scarf (not tight weave)
- Table cover
- Large towel (to help mop up spills)
- Large piece of voile or net
- Large Jug or bowl to hold water
- Soap (olive oil soap, soap flakes, liquid soap, or washing up liquid)
- Rubber gloves if you don’t like getting your hands wet
- Bubble wrap large enough to hold the fabric you are working on. A second piece; can be same size or slightly smaller.
- Although not necessary, a long, narrow tube or stick; broom handle diameter to roll bubble wrap around.
- Scrap bubble wrap/small pieces to cut up if you want to
- Scissors to cut bubble wrap
- Plastic bag to carry wet items home
Can't wait to give it a go,