Sunday 31 January 2016

Canvas course

Went on another workshop at my local craft shop and had a great day. We were making canvases by layering painted wax paper on canvas. The idea is that you layer up the picture using paints (very similar to the Bag fabric that I made last week with Sheila- I'll post more pictures when I've taken them! and when I've finished the bag). It was a very interesting technique and one that could transfer to fabrics very easily. You could layer up tissue papers ironed onto bondaweb and then painted over or covered with organza and cut back.




I was really pleased with the results. Found it quite fascinating that it looked so collage like and yet also like one fabric. Painting over the top meant that the background patters and colours could show through. Would be an interesting one to try with fabric but as I say a very similar technique to the one that Sheila showed us at our Bag workshop. The difference being we used a more opaque colour over the top. At the moment however I am loving Posca pens. They have acrylic paint in them and show up on all surfaces.

Will add the comments from our exhibition to the exhibition pages as soon as google let me access them. It's playing up a bit and sometimes I can't get access to those pages. Will sort it ! Some great comments in our book though which is wonderful. Here's to our next exhibition!


1 comment: