Monday 4 April 2016

Greetings!

Well there were a few of us at the last meeting, so many people feeling poorly. I do hope you feel better soon, this dreadful cold and lots of other bugs seem to be hanging around. Let's hope the sun shines soon and everyone feels much better.
But we did get some stitching and lots of chatting done. It was great to see some of the embellished pieces that we did at the last meeting. They look amazing. I love Angela's idea of creating grades of colours in her design. It sounds beautiful.
I haven't managed to do my one stitch piece yet although I did spend a long time doing a stem stitch on a girl's face so I could use that as my one stitch although it was all a bit even. I have been re-reading Constance Howard's book of stitches and I really want to do something more textural, like we did for our stitch samples. I think it works well when you can layer the stitches and distort or push the formation a bit.
But here are some photos of the evening.
Here is Mel's design- coloured beautifully with the Inktense pastels. She made her design into a wall hanging using an amazing piece of driftwood that she found.


Here is Angela's design - a work in progress. I think that it looks a bit like a dragon and I can't wait to see it all coloured in.
Here is my design, I finished colouring it and I used the Caran d'ache watercolour pencils and water.


Averil also finished her Roll up Roll up design. She also made another one. The dyes (procion) are so vibrant and expressive.


Our next meeting is in May. It's a full day and I am sure that it will be a great day with even more work to display. Please email me any photos that you wish to add !
Many thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment