Sunday 9 August 2015

Ripples and Stones

Greetings!
Had a wonderful day back in July making a felted piece with ripples and stones!
I have now finished my picture and am well pleased with the results. I did mount it on black velvet which is new as I tend to avoid black because it's not always easy to see when you are sewing or embellishing it.
Funnily enough I thought that the picture would look much more like woodland because of the colours that I used and the felt was created using natural materials (when dying). But the end result reminds me more of sand and the sea. I think its the stones that change the look of it. It reminds me now of the ripples in the sand when the sea goes out.


 


Also went to Crafts in the Bay recently and there were some lovely free machine flower pictures there by Sue Atkins. Also loved some of the glass work they had on display there. There were also samples of Claire Cawte's scarves using the technique that she showed us.
Well that's all for now. Hope everyone is being busy and creating lovely things to use in the Autumn. I'd love to see them- perhaps you can post them here on the blog. Loved seeing Mel's work, so beautiful. Enjoy the sun while it lasts although I do also love Autumn for the colour.
Happy stitching ! I'll have to find something else to sew now!



2 comments:

  1. I like this, very good as usual and I agree, it does look like the patterns in the sand on a beach. What are you going to do now? x

    ReplyDelete